Sunday, August 10, 2014

My first entry

 My name is Buddy Johnson, and I'm hoping to start a dialog with folks of similar interests. I love almost anything outdoors, but my main interests are trail running, hiking, biking, and organic gardening. I thru hiked the Appalachian Trail in 2002 and finished hiking the Long Trail in Vermont in 2011.
 What started as a blog primarily for hiking and gardening page has gradually changed gears a bit.I have started running ultra trail marathons over the past 18 months. My last event was  a  50k on August 2 near Crozet. My next scheduled event is another 50k that starts on the Va Creeper Trail (hey it is my namesake trail) on August 30. I am always excited  go to Damascus. It is a major Appalachian Trail Town and also has plenty of running and biking activities. Cant wait to fill folks in and maybe even ask for suggestions for my next hike. 
                  

               

3 comments:

  1. OK...You are on your way. Here’s hoping you have years of happy blogging as I have. We all know how beautiful your photos are.Enjoy meeting new friends and learning about new places. Happy trails to you via Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Buddy!
    Of course I really don't know you, but I sure know of you, through Genie's blog. Looking forward to your exploits and photos.

    ReplyDelete